ad
英国ATC扬声器创始人Billy Woodman先生离世
2022年08月11日
.. .. .. .. ..

非常发烧网HiFi168 2022-08-11 17:36 发表于广东

近日从ATC官方网站上得知英国ATC扬声器创始人Billy Woodman先生离世,特此转发以作悼念。

Billy Woodman 1946 – 2022

I am extremely sad to announce the death of my Dad, ATC’s founder and owner, Billy Woodman.

Dad passed away peacefully surrounded by his family on 21 July 2022, aged 76 years old.  Although Dad had suffered with a number of health issues over the years, he had always defied the odds and recovered, his death has been a shock to us all.

Dad founded ATC almost five decades ago.  His principles, philosophies, and absolute commitment to achieving engineering excellence are the foundation on which ATC is built.  At the heart of this was outstanding transducer design and engineering that focused on achieving the best sound reproduction possible.

Dad’s emphasis on running ATC as a family business has remained and under his leadership and guiding hand, we have ensured that ATC has continued to grow and succeed with the constant support of fellow Director and lifelong friend, Bob Polley.

Dad was an extraordinary man, not only gifted as an engineer but also as a jazz pianist and undertook exquisite restorations of vintage cars.  He was truly an exceptional man in every aspect of his life. He was one of life’s true gentleman and leaves a remarkable legacy.  He inspired many, not least me, in how he led his life, always with courage, kindness and generosity.

The loss of my Dad is profoundly felt by not just me, my darling mum, Mumble, his grandchildren, his family, and friends, but the entire ATC family that he created and very much loved.

My family would appreciate some privacy during this incredibly difficult time.

Yours Faithfully,

Will Woodman

Managing Director

Loudspeaker Technology Ltd

翻译以下:

我非常难过地宣布我的父亲、ATC 的创始人和所有者比利·伍德曼去世。

ATC音箱的创始人和所有者比利·伍德曼先生,2022年7月21日他在家人的陪伴下平静去世,享年76岁。以下为其儿子威廉·伍德曼(现任ATC总经理)的悼词:

虽然父亲多年来饱受健康问题之苦,但他始终不畏艰险,并且逐步恢复了健康,他的去世让我们大家都感到震惊。

父亲大约50年前创立了ATC。他的原则、理念和对声学工程卓越的承诺是ATC建立的基础。其核心是杰出的单元设计和制造,专注于实现尽可能最佳的声音再现。

父亲一直强调将ATC作为家族企业来运营,在他的领导和指导下,我们确保了ATC在董事同事和终身朋友鲍勃的持续支持下继续发展和成功。

父亲是一个非凡的人,不仅是一名工程师,还是一名爵士钢琴家,而且对老式汽车进行了精美的修复。他在生活的各个方面都是一个真正杰出的人。他是生活中真正的绅士之一,留下了非凡的遗产。他一直以勇气、善良和慷慨的态度领导着他的生活,激励了很多人,尤其是我。

失去父亲的不仅仅是我,我亲爱的母亲,他的孙辈,他的家人和朋友,还有他创造并深爱的整个ATC家庭。

威廉·伍德曼

总经理

扬声器技术有限公司

编辑:管理员1
.. .. .. .. ..